Followers

Wednesday, 8 February 2012

Nathan's 18th Birthday xx

Hello everyone sorry I've not been around again for the last few days but I have been having off days and didn't feel like doing anything.

I am here today with my Stepson's birthday card for tomorrow can't believe that the little cheeky boy who started coming to my house when he was nearly four is now the handsome young man on the picture below! Sorry but its another wedding picture as these are the only recent ones we have!

Well a few weeks ago I won the Kenny K challenge and along with some beautiful papers I have had from Sweden I also got to choose 5 new digi's and this is one of them Party Time which you can buy here. I have coloured the image with pro markers and have used glossy accents on the can, glasses and birthday bracelet.

I have used black & red Card with some Blonde Moments papers which I have inked up so that they all blend together and my new Tim Holt's Die I have wanted this was ages and I picked it up for a great price in a fab sale! I normally hate doing male cards but with my new die found this one really easy and I have loads of Tim Holt's metal embellies so added these for some extra interest.

Here is the picture of Nathan with Rochelle and Brett on there wedding day looking very handsome!


I am entering this into the following challenges:

Cards for Men - Seeing Red
Crafts us Crazy - Anything Goes
Allsorts - Free & Easy
Kenny K - Love



Thanks for visiting and all your fabulous comments.

Love & Hugs Chanelle xxx

30 comments:

Doreen said...

A gorgeous card Chanelle,they certainly grow so quick.xxx

flutterbycrafter said...

Ideal card for a young man and I like the way you've used the die and the glossy accents, bet he'll love this card. Hope you're feeling a little better today xx

Vicky said...

Fantastic card hun...and I hope you are starting to feel a little better sweetie :o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Eskimo Frosting said...

Fantastic card. Perfect for a young man.

Jayne
x

Anita said...

Fabulous card. Gorgeous children you have. Hope you feel better soon :)

Sara said...

What a beautiful and fun card!!!! Love the details and you colouring is gorgeous!
Thank you for joining us at Kenny K´s Krafty Girls Challenges this week!

Boxofcolours said...

Great card Chanelle and I hope your stepson has a wonderful 18th Birthday.
Hugs
Jane

Rica said...

Hope you feeling better sweetie!!
Your card is fabulous - a real boy's boy - perfect for him.
hugs
Heather xx

Vicky said...

Awesome card sweetie love the image.
Hope you are feeling better soon shug.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Sheila said...

Gorgeous card and yes they do grow up far too quickly. Hope you feel better soon hun - no good when you feel off - been like that myself last few days and just want to curl up on couch and sleep. Take care, Sheila:)X

coops said...

fantastic male card chanelle.i love the image and striking colours and the cogs are fab :D

xx coops xx

Tab said...

ooooh your card is fab, sweetie! Awesome image.....hope your feeling better!
Hugs Tab xxx

Lau W said...

Oh so nice masculine card Chanelle, fantastic ! Superb colors !
Hope you are well my dear friend !
xxx

Happy Days said...

Gorgeous card, love that image! Hope you feel better soon hun xxx

Kim Piggott said...

Fabulous card Chanelle!
They certainly do grow fast don't they!
Hope you are feeling stronger now.
hugs
kim x

Rosietoes said...

It's just fab Chanelle. He will love it I'm sure.
Lovely lad too.

Hope you feel a bit better soon.
Hugs,
Edna x

Kim Dellow said...

Brilliant card! love those cogs! Lovely photo too! Kim

downrightcrafty said...

what a smashing card, love the cogs
Hugs Kate xx

*Vicki* said...

Oh such a stunning creation my dear!! Love the steam phunk design!! :) The photo is adorable!! Hope you're feeling better my friend! HUGS

Tracy said...

Your card is great Chanelle! Love all those gears. :-) Really makes it manly. LOL Hugs!

Angela said...

Great card Chanelle. I know your Stepson will love it. Your doing better than me as my son's birthday was Jan 25 and I still haven't made his card yet. So much to do and no time to do it in.
Hugs:)
Angela

Elise said...

Awwww, they grow up so fast right?! Gosh, time sure flies.

I know he will love this fabulous card that you've made just for him! How special that will make him feel!

Hugs,
Elise

Stressed Stamper said...

Great 18th card - Great image - Hope there is not too much snow for you
Sarah x

Julie said...

Oh Wow! what a brilliant card, love all the cogs, they work so well with the KK image! Love it Julie.x

Kerry said...

Hope Nathan had a fab birthday!

I am sure he was impressed with this card. Great image for Nathan's age group!

Those cogs are fab!

Love Kerry xxx

Sue said...

Wow! this is a gorgeous card Chanelle!! I love the papers and those cogs - everything about it is fab!!
Hope you feel better very soon!
Big Hugs!
Sue xx

Sassy Scrapper said...

Congratulations on your big win! Your card is fantastic. Boy kids do grow up fast. My daughter with be 28 in another week and it still feels like she's my little baby girl. But I guess she will always be my little baby girl lol.
Thanks for sharing your picture everyone looks so beautiful all dressed up. The bride is just beaming sunshine.
TFS
Hugs Bonnie
ps I hope your feeling a little bit more yourself. hugging you!!!

sandra's crafty corner said...

wow this is fab, thanks for joining us at Cards for men, in our RED challenge, good luck, hugs sandra dt xxx

Anne said...

Such a great photo.

Very fun card, great colors and layout. :)

Hugs, Anne.

LaJanette said...

This is such a rocking card! That image is just perfect for a young man, loving those gears too!

Thanks for playing along with us at Kenny K's Krafty Girlz:0)

Hugs;
Janette