Followers

Thursday, 21 June 2012

Sunny Days xx

Well I'm back today with a card that I actually coloured with my polychromos  yesterday but never got round to finishing it as I had another one of those days and ended up having an afternoon nap to try to ease the old headache!!!

Anyway what do you think to my colouring I'm quite surprised to say it was my first attempt but I don't think the camera has done the images any justice they look so much better in the flesh.

On the my images I decided to go with the surf look for a hot sunny day on your summer holidays which I don't think we will be seeing this year.
I have used some natural hessian behind the images and I have also used a strand to thread these yummy beads where I have also dangled a beautiful starfish.  For the top to cover the large dollop of glue out came the hessian again and I used two threads to make the bow and to tie it together finally a blue button. 

Tilda with her surfboard looking slightly flushed from the sun or have I overdone the rouge!!!! lol  Added stickle's and glossy accents.
 
The whole card where you can see the lovely distressed seaside papers which are just perfect for this scene.  Added a pile of shells to the bottom a lovely gift from Anne over at Midweek Magnolia (she sent me some lovely stamped images to play with).
 
Edwin with his surf board and lots of stickles.
Finally a side view of the card.


Challenges I am entering:

Magnolia Stamp Lovers  -  Distress -  used distress inks around all papers and image
Dutch Magnolia Chickies - Holidays
Magnolia Down Under - Bingo (Charm/Edwin/Sentiment)
Cute Card Thursday - Here comes the sun
Deep Ocean - Summer
Crafts and Me - Anything goes
Pan Pastels  -  Summertime

Well that's my challenges just need to link them up! So then on to catching up with my comments!!  Its all go go go as my granddaughter says!! lol

Will be back tomorrow as Rochelle needed me to sit at her house today while the lock was mended on her front door so I took my Pro's with me, don't know what the man who was doing the job must have thought!!! lol

Thanks to everyone has left me lovely comment on my last post and to my new followers I hope you are enjoying my work.

Love and Hugs Chanelle xxxxxx


27 comments:

Caroline said...

Hi Chanelle gorgeous card love the images and the layout is beautiful. Carolinexxx

Joey said...

Fabulous card Chanelle, great images and love the colours. Joey xx

Sheila said...

Another stunning card - loving the bright summery look and your colouring is fabulous! Take care and have a great weekend, Sheila:)X

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Chanelle,love the perfectly coloured images and papers.xxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Wonderful card Chanelle, Tilda and Edwin look like they are having fun in the sun.
Kevin xx

Lori said...

Love it, especially the little beaded embellie and all the twine behind the button, thanks so much for joining us at MDUC!

Anita said...

Chanelle, this is absolutely gorgeous. Beautifully colored and I love your embellies.

Carole of Brum said...

hi Chanelle, it's a lovely card, and the hessian and paper is perfect for your beach theme. Good job with the colouring too, pencils are lovely arent they? CoB

Debbie Pamment said...

WOW this is fabulous - I can almost hear the waves crashing in the background!
Thanx so much for joining us this week at MDUC for our BINGO challenge.
xXx

Marianne said...

What a nice card and great colours and I love the image.
Thank you for joining DMCC.
Hugs, Marianne

Stressed Stamper said...

Beautiful - lots of detail in one card - love it
Sarah x

Crafty_Fairie said...

Really pretty design love the embellishments.Thanks for joining us at PanPastel uk this week.

Kerry DT Leader

Plony said...

Great card, lovely summer-look.
Thanx for joining us at DMCC, hugs Plony.

Elaine said...

Chanelle this is super !! I love your little scenes with Tilda and Edwin they are so cute. I like the beads too they set it off fabulously.
Super shading , and pretty colours a real sunshine card, fabulous work Hugs Elaine

Exclusively by Mel said...

Hi lovely,
Great colouring, glad your happy with your fabers, I've just bought a set.
Pencil mad now!!
I love your wonderful summer card, we need some sun! it's not very warm is it?!!
Thanks so much for entering your fab card into our Deep Ocean challenge.
Love,melly. xxx

SHARY said...

Lovely Magnolia summer scene. Thanks for playing along with us at CCT.x

Tracy said...

I think this pair needs to come live by me. Temps in the 90's and a lot of beach. I think they's fit well. :-) Super cute card Chanelle! hoe you kick that old headache to the curb. Hugs!

Arabella said...

This is gorgeous Chanelle! Your colouring is fabulous! I love the beaded strand with the starfish too!

Arabella

coops said...

so stunning chanelle.fabulous details and design and i love the gorgeous images :D

xx coops xx

Gillian .... said...

Lovely summertime feel, thanks for sharing at PanPastel UK.

miriam said...

prachtige kaart en zo mooi de stempels gebruikt.
bedankt voor je deelname aan DMCC
gr miriam

Lynne said...

Great design with lovely images and fabulous colouring. Wish I was there and not in a very wet Sheffield. Have a good weekend. Lynne xx

Sue said...

Oh Wow! this is stunning Chanelle!! what cute Tilda and Edwins!! There are so many wonderful details on this card… I love the papers.. the beads.. the shells… the starfish charm… all so beautiful !!!
Hope you are well and have a good weekend!
Big Hugs
Sue xx

Anneke. said...

What a beautiful card. Very nice devised. Nice that you do at the DMCC.
Greeting Anneke.

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really stunning, I love the scene that you have created and the textures and colours are beautiful. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
Lindsay xx

Vanja said...

Beautiful! This makes me want to swim in the sea so much! :)I love all the details.

hugs
Vanja

Corrinne of Pin & Tack said...

A fantastic creation! I love that you added those beads :)

I'd be oh, so happy if you joined us at Tuesday Alchemy http://tuesdayalchemy.blogspot.com/ - You are a creative soul & we love that!

Happiness,
Corrinne

PS - Win prizes at my blog (ends today so don't delay!):
http://pinandtack.blogspot.com/2012/06/you-are-invited-to-my-vegan-barbecue.html